What is X-Weddings Conference 2018?
You can read more about the idea behind X-Weddings Conference here.
However, in a nutshell; it’s a two-day event with seven of the worlds best Fujifilm shooters in attendance.
Learning and Fun will be the order of the days.
Do I have to be a Fujifilm user to attend?
Whilst the speakers are all renowned Fujifilm users, you don’t have to be.
You will still learn lots and are very welcome as discussed here.
Who are the Speakers?
Why are they all "Documentary Style" Photographers?
It’s a good question and the brutal truth is; I asked the community at the X-Weddings Facebook Group who they would like to see at an event like this and these were primarily the top picks.
That said, it’s abundantly clear that whilst the majority of people choosing the Fujifilm system seem to take the documentary approach, there are plenty of excellent photographers out there that practice more fine art, editorial or formal style wedding photography.
Who knows. If this even works out, maybe there will be a 2019 edition…
What's the Ticketing Options?
You can buy a ticket for the Keynote Day (12th June) and for one of the elective events that will happen on the 13th June.
The elective sessions are very limited in spaces so, to keep things fair, these will be offered to people who purchase a Day 1 ticket first…and on a first come, first served basis.
You can purchase tickets here.
What's Included in the Price?
- 7 Amazing Speakers
- Keynotes & Elective Sessions
- Lunch & Refreshments Included
- Social Event (of some kind)
- Competition & Spot Prizes
- Free Clean & Check from Fujifilm UK
- Goody Bag with Exclusive deals and offers
What's the Early-Bird Idea?
As this is the first time I’ve ever put together an event like this, I honestly don’t know how ticket sales will go.
The event (obviously) has substantial costs, but I want it to have a lot of value for money.
The Early-Bird price will be available for approximately one month.
Hopefully, it will encourage enough people to book up and have something to look forward to in June.
What's on the menu?
Coffee and refreshments will be made available throughout the Keynote day (12th June).
A hot lunch is also included and the menu looks like this:
- Warm Bread Rolls
- Cream of Tomato Soup with rocket pesto
- Smoked trout with horseradish cream and lemon
- Chicken liver pate with fruit chutney Tomato and mozzarella salad with a balsamic dressing
- Steak and ale pie with rich gravy and skin on chips
- Cider battered cod with mushy peas
- Wild mushroom risotto topped with crispy leeks and parmesan shavings
- Mini chocolate fudge cakes
- Mini Fruits of the forest tarts
- Berry compote with mascarpone
Sounds good, right?
I've got more questions. What should I do?
Feel free to contact me or Gemma any time if you have additional questions.